All messages express the views of the author, and neither Nottingham Technology Ventures Ltd (“Company”) nor the University of Nottingham are responsible for the content of any message.
You agree as a condition of registering on the forum to be truthful regarding all information given during the registration process; to use the forum as per these rules; not to disclose your password to others; and that Nottingham Technology Ventures Ltd has a license (permission) to use anything you submit to the forum.
By displaying or publishing any content on the forum, you hereby grant to the Company royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display all content, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information submitted, to the Company through this forum and to incorporate any submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
The Company shall not be required to treat any submission as confidential, and may use any submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising) without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind, and shall not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future Company operations.
Termination of membership
Should you decide you no longer wish to be a member of the forum, your posts, threads and data will not be removed. Deleting all posts made by a member – especially if the member has a substantial post count – will cause threads to become disjointed and illogical and diminishes the board experience for everyone. We will, if requested, change your username, delete your account email and/or any other information that may identify you within certain posts.
- Access to this forum is strictly reserved to registered members only. Allowing non-members’ access via registered member’s log-in details or by sharing log-in details is not acceptable and may result in the registered member’s account being suspended.
- If a member is found to have multiple accounts, then these accounts may be removed or suspended.
- Access to the forum is strictly at the discretion of the Forum Admin Team.
- All registered users are requested to use their real names or tasteful usernames
- Members’ accounts with zero posts may be subject to restriction after a given time, at the sole discretion of the Forum Admin Team.
- Members’ accounts which are not deemed by the Forum Admin Team to be in the best interest of the site or its members shall be deleted.
- The forum endeavours to be politically free and to maintain a friendly and casual atmosphere
- Please be aware that the forum has a wider membership that may read your posts including representatives from spin-out companies, staff from the University of Nottingham including the IP Commercialisation Office and employees of Nottingham Technology Ventures.
- Any posts that are deemed to be offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory or not in the best interest of the forum, will be removed. Discrimination in any form will not be tolerated and will result in members’ accounts being removed.
- Members should not get involved in any discussions regarding topics that may be seen as slanderous or libellous. No posts or topics containing defamation of any kind, be it towards any person, product or organisation, shall be tolerated.
- Members should obtain prior approval from the Forum Admin Team before posting topics related to the University of Nottingham HR or IP policies or any items related to spin-out companies that may to be confidential such as equity, valuation or licence terms.
- Any member deemed to bring Nottingham Technology Ventures or the University of Nottingham into disrepute shall have their account removed.
- If forum members post topics relating to people, products or information from outside sources, then they should identify those sources.
- Unsolicited advertising or repetitive external commercial links or name posting will be removed.
- Any duplication or quotation of posts made by forum members used elsewhere should only be done with the consent of the original poster. Be respectful and please ask the original poster first.
- Decisions to remove or edit any posts will be at the discretion of the Forum Admin Team only. Requests to edit/delete postings will be given careful consideration.
- The posting of links to external blogs/sites is not in the best interests of the forum. Inappropriate links will be removed without warning. Please do not post links to your blog with the intent to just gain promotion.
- Members shall all be treated fairly and equally at all times. Any complaints that may arise should initially be made to a member of Nottingham Technology Ventures.